As a patient of Pella Care Home Care you have the right to:
1. Be informed of your rights both verbally and in writing at the time of admission and prior to the initiation of care.
2. Receive competent, individualized care and service from Pella Care Home Care staff regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disease, disability or any other category protected by law or decisions regarding advance directives.
3. Be treated with dignity, courtesy, consideration, respect and have your property treated with respect.
4. Be informed verbally and in writing of the services available and related charges, as they apply to the primary insurance, other payers, and self-pay coverage before care is initiated. To be informed of any changes in the sources of payment and your nancial responsibility as soon as possible but no later than thirty (30) calendar days after Pella Care Home Care becomes aware of the change.
5. Be informed both orally and in writing, in advance of the Plan of Care, of any changes in the Plan of Care, and to be included in the planning of care before treatment begins; be informed of all treatment prescribed, when and how services will be provided, and the names and functions of any person and aliated program providing care and services, including photo identication of agency staff and participate in the development of the discharge plan.
6. Participate in the planning of your care and be advised in advance of any changes to the Plan of Care.
7. Refuse care and treatment after being fully informed of and understanding the consequences of such actions and to Initiate an Advance Directive, 'Living will, durable power of attorney and other directives about your care consistent with applicable law and regulations. Refuse to participate in research or experimental treatment.
8. To appropriate assessment of pain and management of his/her pain.
9. Receive information regarding community resources and to be informed of any nancial relationships between Pella Care Home Care and other providers to which you may be referred to by the agency.
10. Be informed of the procedures for submitting patient complaints, voice complaints and recommend changes in the policies and services to Director of Patient Services by calling the following telephone number: 718-837-4010 If dissatisfied with the outcome, you may also submit the complaint to the New York State Department of Health or any outside representative of the patient's choice. The expression of such complaints by the patient or patient designee shall be free from interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
NYS Department of Health
Metropolitan Regional Office
90 Church St 13th FL
New York NY.10007
Joint Commission Hot Line
24 Hours a day, seven days a week
11. Express complaints about the care and services provided or not provided and complaints concerning lack of respect for property by personnel furnishing services on behalf of Pella Care Home Care and to expect the agency to Investigate such complaints within 15 days of receipt of complaint. Also, if dissatised with the outcome, may submit an appeal to the agency's governing authority which will be reviewed within 30 days of receipt of appeal request.
12. Receive timely notice of impending discharge or transfer to another agency or to a different level of care and to be advised of the consequences and alternatives to such transfers.
13. Privacy, including confidential treatment of records and access to your records on request. Information will not be released without your written consent except for those instances required by law, regulation or third party reimbursement.
14. In the situation when the patient lacks capacity to exercise these rights, the rights shall be exercised by an individual, guardian or entity legally authorized to represent the patient.